Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
Tis the season for rhubarb, and wether you have a patch in your yard or see it at every market stand, it’s easy to find!
Here is a delicious recipe for a rhubarb crisp that will have you ask for more:
Cook Time: 55 minute
Total Time: 55 minutes
• 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
• 1/2 cup melted butter
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 4 cups sliced rhubarb
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 cup water
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, oats, butter and cinnamon; mix together until crumbly. Press half of the brown sugar and oats mixture into a buttered 8-inch square baking dish. Top with the sliced rhubarb.
- In a saucepan combine 1 cup granulated sugar, cornstarch, and the 1 cup of water and vanilla. Cook together until clear, then pour over rhubarb.
- Top rhubarb with remaining crumb mixture and bake at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes.